Visiting the Fox family!

My first night in the Fox home! They are currently living in Woodbridge, VA.  Erik and I are eating grapefruit like "Lamanites" as Erik called it.  I arrived a few days before Nate because I didn't have school or work at the time while he did.

Nikki and I drove up to New York! It took about five hours and it was fun for us to have some time to chat!
Here I am in Times Square! We stayed with Nikki's friend who lived in downtown. This place is crazy busy and I don't know how people live here. Visiting was so fun but I couldn't imagine living there.

We visited a castle in Central Park. It was a very cold time to be visiting New York, but still fun.

My first time seeing a Cardinal! I know they are common around here but not back in Utah! I had to get a picture of my first spotting!

More Central Park.

After visiting all the fun things in Central Park, we decided that we needed to warm ourselves up! We went into a fun toy store, F.A.O. Schwartz, that had a huge piano!

I enjoy watching an episode every now and then of Cake Boss so it was fun to see an actual store.

To the Empire State Building!

At the top! Such an awesome view!

We were so bundled up! Me and my Eskimo sister-in-law Nikki!


We had to get ourselves some true New York style Pizza! It is a thin crust pizza.  I don't remember what I got, but it was way good!

Dinner and a show! Nikki and I just before the NEWSIES Broadway show! I was skeptical at how good they could actually be, but I was blown away.  The show was amazing. We had front row seats and so it was a little hard to see at the top of the stage, but we saw a little girl with a booster seat and decided that I could pass of as a small child so I went and asked for some.  We both got a booster seat and increased our visibility so much!


The public library.  It isn't your average library. The ceilings were beautiful carved wood.  So intricate.  We were walking all around New York and I was giving Nikki a hard time about being tired and wanting to ride the subway..... little did I know that she was pregnant! No wonder;) We were so excited to be with them as they found out that their miracle baby #2 was on its way!

Nate flew into New York that night and spent the next Saturday with us in New York! It was fun to have him there:)


We visited the 9-11 Memorial.  It was cray to remember again what had happened here years before.  

We are waiting for our ferry ride over to the Statue of Liberty! You can barley see it in the background.

It was a cold ride over so we bundled up! Look! New York!

There she is. I imagined that she would be a bit larger... though the statue was still huge!

We walked around for a better view.

Waiting in line...again for our ferry.  We were getting pretty giggly.

We made one more stop to Ellis Island.  It was amazing to see where so many immigrants stayed to see if they would be accepted into America.  Very historical.  The building was a bit damaged from a hurricane so a lot of the artifacts weren't there, but it was still cool.

Nate drove us home late and we almost crashed, and got lost, but we made it.
We had ice cream the next night. Nate and Lucy hit it off! It was so fun to see little Lucy.

After a day of rest, we went to Washington DC and hit up some great places! We actually had to go twice to get everything in! It is about a 45 min. drive from the Fox's house.

A few months prior to this trip, Nate had told me of a story of when he was little and visited a zoo ( the DC Zoo) and saw a HUGE fish!  Well, here it is.  Nate was excited to show it to me.
As I mentioned before, Lucy and Nate became great friends this trip :)



There is a picture of Nate doing this when he was little so we decided to reenact it.


We had a nice picnic on the grass just outside of the Lincoln Memorial.  We also had a few foot races with Lucy. 

The White House!

Erik was so kind to clean our teeth while we were on this trip! He did a good job with Lucy at his side.

We also made a trip to the beautiful DC Temple.  I loved it.  


Day 2 in DC. We visited the Museum of Natural History and the Holocaust Museum.  The Holocaust Museum was a very educational place.  It left me feeling sick after but it was so good to learn and understand the history.






On our last night in VA, we made a stop at Sweet Frog, a frozen yogurt place.  

It was also our 2nd anniversary while we were here in VA! The Fox's gave us a gift card to a very nice seafood place on the bay in Maryland.  It was romantic.  We also picked up some "Virginia is for Lovers" T-shirts.

Here we are on our last morning there.  The weather was pretty nice that day.  Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment