An addition to the Jewkes family adventures! We found out that we were pregnant on Labor Day in 2013. We were so excited! We told family after we went to the doctor to confirm that we were pregnant a few days later. We chose to have a Nurse Midwife Laurie Hansen to help me through the pregnancy and delivery. She told us that the due date was May 6, 2014.
We waited until I was about 12 weeks along to announce that we were pregnant to our friends. It was during Halloween so we came up with the idea to carve a baby in a pumpkin and put it in front of my belly. I drew the pattern and Nate carved it.
Our little pumpkin
Due May 6, 2013.
I had Morning sickness until about 12 weeks. I never threw up, but just felt very tired and sick. It was hard to eat anything because most food looked or smelt really gross! Just making it to school each day was quite the task. I was very fortunate for it to last only 12 weeks and not to be throwing up. After the 12 weeks I could eat more food because it actually looked good. I was also able to find the energy to start exercising again.
At 18 weeks we were allowed to learn the gender of our baby! It's a GIRL! We had chosen a name for a boy and a girl before this so we could name it when we found out the gender. We decided to name her Leslie Jewkes.
It was so fun to see her moving and wiggling around. We got some videos of her playing peek-a-boo and sucking on her fingers. This had to be the most exciting point in the pregnancy at this time.
Since then my belly has been growing! I started feeling Leslie move around at about 20 weeks. Nate felt her when she was 21 weeks on Christmas Eve Day. I have felt her move so much more now! I have noticed that she moves more in the afternoon and especially in the evening. We have a night owl on our hands!
I have finally got around to making the time to do belly pictures! Here is my belly at 22 weeks!


Yay for baby girls!! You look great and I am glad that you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteOh Danni, I am so excited for you guys. I love you guys, and I know you are going to be the best parents. I can't wait to see you guys again.
ReplyDeleteYou are so darling Danielle! Thanks for sharing your blog and updates with me. I'm so excited for your little family to grow by 1 more. Congrats!!
ReplyDelete