For dinner last night we had a Chilean recipe from Nate's mission called Completos. As we were preparing for dinner, Nate told me that he wanted to take a picture of them. This was a hint to me that these photos could be a future blog post about something Nate is passionate about. Food, especially Chilean Completos.
Prep: Dig a well in the hot dog buns so that you will be able to fit more in the hot dog. You may eat excess bun. Place your hot dog in the well and add your Guacamole (just smashed avacado with olive oil and salt), chopped tomatoes, mayo, and a spice sauce Aji. We ran out of Aji so I just sprinkled Tapatio sauce on it.
Here is the proud chef with his three stuffed Completos.
For an even better view.
Completos are good and filling. I remember when Nate and I were first dating and he made me Completos. I had two while Nate had six. We were stuffed. Nate commented that Completos were something that he couldn't stop eating. He managed to keep himself to three yesterday.
We have had fun making Chilean recipes that Nate remembers eating on his mission. Here are a few photos from the past.
Nate rolling out the dough for Sopaipillas
Then fry them.
Then eat them! Nate said in Chile people would eat these on rainy days. It was snowing outside during this time, so we felt it was appropriate. They were eaten with coffee/hot chocolate for the members, or they would dip them in honey or salsa! I liked the salsa. Oh and this was when Austin was staying with us in our one bedroom apt for a semester! Fun times!
Empanadas! These are my favorite of all the Chilean dinners we have made. Inside the wrap there is ground beef simmered in spices with boiled egg chunks. Then baked.
The empanadas were usually dipped in a salsa called pebre. It is green onions, cilantro, viniger, oil, and water. SO GOOD! I crave these often. But when time is of the essence, completos are made the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment