Recent Ambitious Projects

So while Nate was a Cross-Country camp up at Brian Head Resort, I was home alone for a few days needing something to do.  This project mostly involve me, but Nate says that he sits in the chair too so he is also involved.

I have a list in the back of my journal of things/ projects that I either don't have the time or money to do at the moment, so I write them down so I can remember them when moments like these take place. Since we have gotten this chair from a friend/professor, I have been wanting to re-cover it for fun and I though the pattern was a little out-dated. I also just earned $150.00 dollars from taking second place in a half marathon so I had the funding to do this little project.
I also pride myself in saying that zero pinterest, youtube, or internet research was involved in the covering of this chair.  That is if asking the lady at Joann's how much fabric and cushion I would need doesn't count.

 The project took longer than expected, mostly because my motivation to hand sew the groves was dwindling.  But here is the finished project! Well almost, I still need to staple the fabric onto the stool. I will say from doing this project I have learned a few things.  One, I now know the reason for thimbles (my thumb is torn up!). And two, sitting in this chair is 10x more comfortable than before (either because I added new padding, or the sense of accomplishment kicks in).


Also project number two. Again for me, but Nate insists that he is involved too (which I find cute, and reassuring).  I started piano lessons when I was little but didn't get very far. I love music and love to hear the hymns (Nate can play them, but doesn't enjoy playing the piano).  So we brought my old keyboard out from under our bed and tucked it up against are already crowded wall so that I can practice!  Lessons have already started and I am so happy! Goal: be able to play the church hymns...... someday.

1 comment:

  1. Go Danielle!!! (and Nate..?) That chair looks awesome! That's a big project! It's so cute! And piano lessons eh? Good luck! I am also not so fond of the Piano...me and Nate are scarred. Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete